Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sickly Children

I have done nothing this week but take care of sick children, I wish the cold weather would go away soon, and I shouldn't compain, Mesquite has been in the mid-fifties this past week, but it hasn't slowed the cold bug down. Cassidy has had a nasty cough for the past week, thankfully that is slowly disappearing. Last Monday I took Alexis to her 9 month check up, She is 29" tall and 16lb 8oz, she's my teeny baby. The doctor checked her over and said she was fine, she a a little cough but nothing to fret over, now with three kids I don't fret over much anymore. Then he noticed her two top front teeth coming in, all she has is her two bottom front. Two days later she gets very sick, fever, runny nose, very nasty mucusy cough. I know it's because of her teeth, so I just give her fever medicine to help with the pain. Middle of the night Friday, Jace wakes up with a hoarse cough and complains that his throat hurts, so I help him and put him back to bed, he wakes up feels good except for the sore throat and cough and plays outside all day long, except for when I get him down for a nap. Saturday Alexis is still the same, and yet no teeth have popped out. Sunday morning rolls around and Thankfully one child, Cassidy is better, Jace wakes up shaking and a high fever, one hour later he thinks he can go and play, he doesn't do well when he has to take things slow, it's 110% or nothing. And Alexis, Yea I see the whites of her two front teeth, but one of her eye teeth is coming through also! That por thing is breaking 3 teeth at the same time. I can't wait till they come through so she can feel good again. She has been so miserable this past week. Well, it's been just another fun filled week and I can't wait to see what this coming week has in store.

1 comment:

Jed and Leona said...

it's a good thing then that you didn't come up last weekend. poor lance would have had to do it all on his own!!!! glad everyone is feeling better now!