
My grandpa Jack and his wife Kay
I flew in Thursday night, and stayed up way late visiting with more family that showed up around the same time.
These are who showed up, my dad,me, my sister, Cheryl, Kevin, lori.
The next day we took a boat tour of the lake. We walked to the antique shops and window shopped.
The town has an author that wrote the book mudgie(moose) and millie(mouse) so they have statues all over, Leona and I had to act like tourists and get a picture.

The next day we had a surprise birthday party, Grandpa thought our lunch party was just going to be family he didn't know all his friends were showing up.

Kevin, Grandpa, Cheryl

Gentry Family

My dad, and Leona
Friends
The best time we had was being at home around the table, eating and listening to stories, when we started asking questions about earlier times Grandpa Gentry loved to tell, and it was amazing to hear.
2 comments:
How fun! I love all the "grandparent stories." When I was in school, I had to do a big paper on an "elderly" person for one of my nursing classes. I was able to do a pretty extensive interview with my Dad's dad. He served in the war, and never really opened up much about his past, but he told me a lot of really neat stories (some that not even my dad had heard). He ended up passing away a few months later, and that weekend is one of my favorite memories of him. And how nice to get together with all your family. Everyone looks great! Tell your parents I say hi.
can we go back?! i was sooo not ready to come home. i did miss MY family though, so it would have been harder to stay too much longer.
Post a Comment