Friday, July 17, 2009

Last Months Happenings

Last month has been crazy Lance got home from Wyoming in time for the birth, he got to stay for about a week until he had to be back up in wyoming, thankfully my mom showed up when he left and stayed for 1 1/2 weeks. (loved it!!!) Problem is with all this help I could never find the time to update my blog or I was way too tired and chose to sleep instead, (I think that was a better choice). Then my mom left and I was left alone with 4 children and no husband (still in Wyoming for 2 more weeks). Lance came home for good yesterday (yea the job is done) and I have a little brief time on my hands, so here goes, this is what has been going on in my crazy but wonderful life.

First bath, Dusty really didn't like his first bath at home but he sure liked being wrapped up.


Here is dusty on June 29th he has filled out a little bit. My kids got back about a week after he was born and they were great with dusty, they held him as much as they could, they always wanted to be by him.


July 4th weekend Lance couldn't come home, he asked if I would come up and spend the weekend with him, So I packed 5 bags, and drove many hours (the trip should have taken 8 hours, it took me way longer to get there)to get to Afton Wyoming the home of Rulon Gardner. Here we are in Jackson Hole everybody has a thing for antlers.


July 4th we spent the morning fishing, Clint, a good friend of Lance's said he always caught fish in this spot, the kids would defenatly get one, guess what not one bite...Lance claims it's because of him, everytime he goes fishing (which isn't often) nothing happens, thankfully the kids didn't mind. Cassidy enjoyed holding the can of worms and Jace and Alexis liked throwing rocks in the water.



We then watched a parade


We went to a rodeo in the evening, Cassidy and Jace participated in catching the rope on the calfs tail to get money, there were 3 calfs and roughly 30 kids and Cassidy got the rope off the tail, she was so proud of herself, this is a picture after she got cleaned up. It was very muddy and as she was running she lost her shoe and was running in the mud with just her socks on, she didn't care she was proud of herself for being 1 of the 3. We watched the fireworks at the rodeo areana after the rodeo.


We made a trip to Yellowstone National Park and got to see old faithfull blow.






Every summer the city puts on a childrens play and you guessed it they did Jungle book and Cassidy tried out and made it. She was a bee, She did a lot of singing and a lot of actions when she sang, I'm so proud of her, she has a hard time participating in the primary program at church and I was really worried about the play, and towards the end she just about didn't get to participate because she wouldn't continue to practice, it was because of her fear of a BIG audience, I encouraged her every chance I got and she got over her fear and performed and did an awesome job!

Big kudos to Oakley my niece she did a great job being an elephant she was fun to watch!

July 9th Dusty and I were up late so I grabbed the camera and took some pictures, here are a few I liked.



Just last weekend Lance came home for 2 days to bless baby Dusty, I planned it on the 12th so my family could watch Cassidy in the play, it was really hard for Lance to leave cause they were at an important part in their job, but I was very greatful he found a way to be home even if it was for a brief time.

Here's Dusty looking good and knowing he looks good (he posed himslef that way)

My wonderful children


It is July 17th and Lance came yesterday for good, his job is done and I'm greatful not to be a single mom with 4 children, it has been hard and trying but I perservered and as I look back I loved every minute of it, the bad and the good!

2 comments:

Janelle Ehat said...

He is so cute Celeste! I can't believe how much he looks like your other kids! So fun!!

The Gray Family said...

I can't believe you managed that whole trip with a brand new baby...you are more ambitious than me :>) THANK YOU so much for having us over today....it was so good to see you! Your kids are adorable.