Wednesday, September 2, 2009

6 Weeks Weigh in / More goals

In two weeks I've lost 3 pounds!!!! I have continued to eat what I want but in smaller portions and less junk food. When school started I set a goal for myself to wake up before my kids do and exercise, be showered, dressed. I have done great! Monday I slept in and it was a big mess trying to get myself and my kids ready before school, I will not do that again. Another goal I set was to make a good breakfast every other day. I've been pretty good with that also. I made crepes this morning(never made them in my life), and I love this recipe, I'm going to give it to you it was so easy.

Basic Crepes
Serves 6

1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 eggs
3/4 cups Milk
3/4 cups Water
1/4 tsp salt
3 TBSP Butter, melted

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle or pan, using approx. 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen woth spatula, turn and cok the other side. Serve hot.

*I added granulated sugar in the batter to make it a little sweet.

Any of you have some good ideas for breakfast give me a shout!

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Yeah!! Congrats. You are doing so good. I love your new page too!

Mindi said...

Good Job Celeste!!! I thought I would check on your progress...hold you accountable (ha)! That is what is helping me. I am excited to try the crepe recipe, Thanks!

Deborah said...

Hooray!!! Check you out! That is fabulous!